Day 4: Fitbit says I slept 8hr 45mn. I've been going to bed earlier, and have been sleeping much better. However, drinking so much water throughout the day forces me to get up a few times during the night, which is a drag. Joy and I are still both constantly hungry, but less cranky.
- Breakfast: three scrambled eggs with onion, pepper and mushroom.
- Lunch: yesterdays hen broth with lentil and quinoa.
- Snack: hard boiled egg, nuts
- Dinner: salmon, asparagus, and roasted tomatoes.
- By mid-morning, the headaches returned.
- My brain feels cloudy, and like it's stuffed with a pillow.
- Went to the gym and took a spin class, and took a steam bath.
- I cheated and had two beers late in the day.
- Snacked on way too many nuts!
Day 5: Fitbit says I slept 8hr 27mn. I felt blah when I woke up this morning. I've been sleeping really well, but maybe I'm getting too much sleep. I wasn't motivated to do very much today except for making a few calls, work on the website, continued a job search, and watch a little TV. By late afternoon Feeling a bit crummy today, I skipped my morning spin class, but did an hour of yoga in my living room and went for a nice long drive with Kira along the shore.
- Breakfast: three scrambled eggs, half-cup of quinoa, tangerine, tea.
- Lunch: quinoa with chicken, nuts, tea.
- Snack: nuts
- Dinner: lentil-quinoa hen broth.
Day 6: Fitbit says I slept 6hr 19mn. Took a spin class, did some light exercise, and topped it off with a nice long steam bath. Joy baked beets and sweet potato for later, and I cooked more quinoa that I doctored-up with a variety of herbs, and and added chicken. From a healthy standpoint, French fries and quinoa are polar opposites, but I love good french fries (they have to be good!) and good quinoa equally as much. We're both eating and sleeping well, and have been feeling more clear-headed. I was a nice day today, so spent a good of time in the yard beginning spring clean-up.
- Breakfast: blueberry-banana smoothie with almond milk and protein powder, quinoa, tangerine, tea.
- Lunch: quinoa and chicken.
- Snack: nuts
- Dinner: salmon, asparagus